Content marketing just a fad or an industry buzzword, it’s a necessity for businesses because it works, and there’s research to prove it. Whether for social media use or priority for your website, here’s the research for why you need to focus on visual content for your marketing.
- People often judge a website by visual design alone. [Stanford Web Credibility Research]
- 93% of Pinterest users pin things to plan future purchases [Shopify]
- Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks, 89% more favourites and 150% more retweets. [Buffer]
- 86% of buyers expressed some level of desire to access interactive/visual content on demand. [Demand Gen]
Two main trends have really stood out over the past year, and both highlight just how effective visual content marketing really is. Marketers are taking advantage of this by using it in their campaigns and reaping the rewards, with considerable increases in their conversion rates, inbound customer acquisitions, blog traffic, lead conversions and social media engagement as a result. [Business 2 Community]
So what are the most popular types of visual content to capitalize on?
- Behind-the-scenes photos
- Original design work
- High-quality stock images