Hopefully by now you’ve invested in a professional website, and since you’ve taken the time to make it appealing and informative, now your job is to get people there. How are you going to go about marketing your website and driving traffic online? If you need some ideas, here’s some proven ways to get the job done:
- Optimizing your website: SEO isn’t just a myth, it really works when it’s done right. This doesn’t have to mean plugging your website with keywords, but ensure your pages are optimized and your photos as well. Your web designer can help you with doing this correctly.
- Blogging: especially now, Google puts big emphasis on websites that provide unique and fresh content and the best way to keep your site doing that, is by blogging. If you can’t find the time to blog yourself, hire a writer or consider guest bloggers.
- Social media: this is another free or inexpensive way to boost organic traffic to your website: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest are great for driving website traffic. Be on social media, and be social doing it.
- Pay-per-click advertising: if you’re not getting the results you want from organic website traffic, you can always go the paid route. Pay-per-click advertising refers to things like Google Adwords, which can be effective and targeted when done correctly. Make sure you get recommendations on a company to use and check them out, there’s unfortunately a lot of people making money on this without producing the results.
- PR: consider hiring a public relations professional or firm to help create buzz, or at the very least get a professional press release made up to help spread the word about your new website.
If you have questions about creating a professional website, or marketing the one you currently have, please contact us, we’re happy to help.