The start of a new year is a great time to assess your business and your digital presence, and that means an inventory of your company website. We’re sharing some simple ways to update your website for 2016:
- Get mobile-friendly: this is something your business can’t afford to put off anymore, mobile is a priority for websites (according to Google too). Here’s some mobile-friendly design tips to use when updating your site.
- Refresh your design: the web design world is always innovating and changing, so there’s a lot of exciting new trends in the industry that you can take advantage of. If you’re not looking for a complete overhaul this year, consider trying out some of the web design trends expected to dominate in 2016.
- Audit your content: go through all the content on your website, and either delete or update the old stuff. Nothing tells your customers “I don’t care” like neglected or outdated information on your site. Even if your content is still relevant, it might be a great time to rewrite it, get some fresh words on your website (great for SEO too).
- Check your links: it’s probably been a while since you went through your site and checked your links, so go through every page and make sure every link still works, and remove the ones that are broken or irrelevant now.
- Update your blog: get rid of old content that wouldn’t be necessary anymore, and start working on creating fresh content. Blog posts do wonders for website optimization, so focus energy on that this year. If you’re having trouble thinking of content, try asking one of your partners to guest blog.
- Check out your social media: by this point, social media should already have a presence on your website, so if it doesn’t that should be the first update. If you already have your social media buttons on your website, click on every button to ensure they are still all linked correctly.
- Assess your navigation: clicks are out and easy navigation is in, so ensure that every part of your website is easily accessible without multiple clicks. It’s also a good time to check out your website’s navigation from a mobile device as well.
If you have questions about updating your website for the new year, please feel free to contact us.